About The 2019 Summit
G(irls)20 was in Japan for the 10th annual Global Summit. 20+ young women from around the world arrived in Tokyo for a week of leadership training, social enterprise development and mentoring by female leaders in the business and public sectors. Delegates contributed the economic and social issues facing girls & women in their countries to a Communiqué delivered to world leaders in advance of the G20 Summit and leave the Summit with increased confidence, new skills, and a global network that will allow them to make change as a community and global advocates!
The G(irls)20 Summit is modeled after the G20 Summit and culminates in a one-day symposium with local and international panelists, keynotes, and experts on economic and social issues facing girls and women.
Meet The Delegates
When and where is the Summit?
The Summit will be held from May 25th – 31st, 2019 (delegates to arrive May 23 or 24) in Tokyo, Japan.
What costs are associated with attending the Summit?
G(irls)20 will cover the following costs for all delegates:
- Flights to and from Tokyo from their nearest major city
- Transportation to and from the airport in Tokyo
- Accommodation in a shared room with one other female delegate
- All meals during the week
- Costs associated with travel visas
Who can apply
Who can apply:
Must be 18 years old to apply, and must not be older than 23 years old in May 2019. Date of birth must be between May 30, 1995 – January 1, 2001.
Holds or can obtain a valid passport
Holds citizenship in any of the participating countries or regions (see above)
What’s expected of a delegate?
Every applicant submits one idea for a policy recommendation to be incorporated into the Communiqué + one idea for a community development project to launch at home. Successful delegates will be expected to:
- Spend approximately 5 hours per week from January – May 2019 doing pre-summit work online
- Collaborate with an online Working Group of delegates to develop policy recommendations
- Participate in 1-2 phone calls per month with policy experts, leadership coaches, and media training experts
- Participate fully in the week-long Summit, including attending all sessions, making new connections, asking questions, and bringing an open mind
- Contribute to the development of a Communiqué. View the 2018 Summit Communiqué.
- Post-summit, launch a community development project at home. View past Social Impact Initiatives.
- Monthly check-ins with a mentor following Summit
I am the target text.